Deferred or Denied? Learn about Ivy Coach's PostMortem + Letter of Continued Interest

The Ivy Coach Daily

December 14, 2013

Dartmouth Early Decision Figures

Dartmouth Early Decision, Early Decision at Dartmouth, Early Decision Numbers at Dartmouth
The Dartmouth Early Decision figures are in. 469 students earned admission in the Early round (photo credit: Gavin Huang).

The Dartmouth Early Decision figures are in for the Class of 2018. In the Early round, 469 students earned admission to the College on the Hill. As you may remember, 1,678 students applied for Early Decision admission to Dartmouth this fall. That number marked an increase of over 6 percent from last year’s Early Decision applicant pool. This group of 469 admitted students will eventually comprise approximately 40 percent of the overall Dartmouth Class of 2018. So that leaves 60 percent of the class to be filled through the Regular Decision pool.

According to Dartmouth’s website, “Among the admitted students, the mean SAT score was 2156 and the mean ACT score was 32.1. Among students who attend schools that report rank, 31 percent are ranked first in their class and 94 percent are ranked in the top 10 percent. The mean ACT score of accepted students is in the 98th percentile, and the average SAT score placed in the 97th percentile.”

Maria Laskaris, the Dean of Admissions at Dartmouth, expressed satisfaction not only with the increase in the size of the Early Decision applicant pool but also in the increased quality of the pool. As Dartmouth has an Early Decision policy, students admitted in the Early round are bound to attend.

You are permitted to use (including the content of the Blog) for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not copy, download, print, or otherwise distribute the content on our site without the prior written consent of Ivy Coach, Inc.


If you’re interested in Ivy Coach’s college counseling,
fill out our free consultation form and we’ll be in touch.

Get Started