At Ivy Coach, we offer SAT test prep with dynamic tutors who help prepare students around the world for this all-important exam. If you’re a student trying to decide between taking the ACT or the SAT, we’ve posted reasons to take the SAT below. The ACT is better for some students and not others. The same is true of the SAT. It’s all about the right fit. So here are our Top 10 Reasons to Take the SAT:
10. Take the SAT if you did well on the PSAT.
9. Take the SAT if you’re a strong reader.
8. Take the SAT if you don’t have a strong memory.
7. Take the SAT if you like test strategies (i.e., universals are 90% wrong).
6. Take the SAT if you’re a slow test-taker. The ACT is a much faster exam than the SAT. On the SAT, there’s more time to do more questions.
5. Take the SAT if you’re at a lower level of math. The ACT has questions on trigonometry. There’s no trigonometry on the SAT.
4. Take the SAT if you have not yet taken geometry.
3. Take the SAT if you’re not so great in math but like figuring out problems.
2. Take the SAT if you don’t have to study very hard to get good grades.
1. Take the SAT if you’ve always done well on standardized exams.