The Ivy Coach Daily

March 24, 2018

Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Georgia Tech 2022, Class of 2022 at Georgia Tech, GIT Admissions
Admissions figures are out for Georgia Tech’s Class of 2022 (photo credit: Daniel Mayer).

How did the year go in admissions for the Georgia Institute of Technology? Well, applications rose by a margin of 3% from last year with a total application pool of 31,484 students. For the Class of 2022, Georgia Teach boasted an overall admission rate of 23%. As our readers may remember, Georgia Tech received 18,124 applications this Early Action cycle. The school admitted 4,677 of these students for an Early Action admit rate of 26%. Admitted students from both the Early Action and Regular Decision rounds hail from all 50 states. They are 42% female and 58% male. 5% of admits will be the first in their families to attend college. 15% of admits identify as either African American or Hispanic. Residents of the home state of Georgia were treated very well — as they always are by Georgia Tech. Applicants from Georgia were admitted at a rate of 44% (and to add icing on that cake, an additional 20% of applicants from the state can transfer to Georgia Tech after a year though the Conditional Transfer Pathway or the Arts and Sciences Pathway. Georgia Tech sure does show its love for its home-staters!

Applications to Georgia Tech on the Rise

As reports Kristen Bailey in a Georgia Tech press release about its Class of 2022, “As interest in Tech continues to climb, so does the quality of the applicant pool. Rick Clark, director of Undergraduate Admission, has been at Tech for nearly 14 years and has seen a difference in recent applicants. ’More students seem to be applying who understand our motto of Progress and Service and mission of improving the human condition,’ he said. ’They appreciate who we are as an institution and want to be part of creating the next in their field, which is incredibly encouraging.’ This year, Undergraduate Admission also included faculty members from all six colleges in its committee reviews in both Early Action and Regular Decision rounds. Looking back, the numbers for this admitted class are drastically different than what current Tech students may remember from when they applied. For fifth-year Tech students, they applied in a pool half the size — 14,711 — with an admit rate of 55 percent. The issuing of admission decisions means the beginning of recruiting and yield season for Undergraduate Admission. It will host a series of Gold Carpet Days for admitted students to visit campus in March and April, so most Fridays the campus community will see a large influx of admitted students and families on campus.”

Congratulations to all students who earned admission to the Georgia Institute of Technology. Go Yellow Jackets!

You are permitted to use (including the content of the Blog) for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not copy, download, print, or otherwise distribute the content on our site without the prior written consent of Ivy Coach, Inc.


If you’re interested in Ivy Coach’s college counseling,
fill out our complimentary consultation form and we’ll be in touch.

Get Started