2022-2023 Coalition Application Essays
The Coalition Application, an alternative to The Common Application, has released its 2022-2023 essay options. Of the six essay options for the Personal Statement, two are exactly the same as last year’s options while two are slightly revised from last year and two are totally new. For all of the essay options, applicants are asked to respond in 500 – 650 words. Of course, loyal readers of Ivy Coach’s college admissions blog know all too well that students should use all of the real estate they are given to make their case for admission. So if a student is asked to write between 500 – 650 words, they should write — you guessed it — 650 words. And what are this year’s Coalition Application essay prompts? They are as follows:
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
- What interests or excites you? How does it shape who you are now or who you might become in the future?
- Describe a time when you had a positive impact on others. What were the challenges? What were the rewards?
- Has there been a time when an idea or belief of yours was questioned? How did you respond? What did you learn?
- What success have you achieved or obstacle have you faced? What advice would you give a sibling or friend going through a similar experience?
- Submit an essay on a topic of your choice.
So applicants still have the option to write anything they’d like since the sixth prompt offers students the chance to write an essay on a topic of their choice. This same prompt, of course, appears on The Common Application — hey, The Coalition Application aims to be a competitor to the most widely used application so they don’t exactly want to make it more difficult for students to apply. In any case, have a question about this year’s Coalition Application essay prompts? Let us know your question by posting it below. We look forward to hearing from you.
You are permitted to use www.ivycoach.com (including the content of the Blog) for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not copy, download, print, or otherwise distribute the content on our site without the prior written consent of Ivy Coach, Inc.